Answer Q 1 – 3 from the homework sheet. Extension Q 4.
Revise for assessment (Population and Migration)
A revison sheet was handed out in lesson. Books can be collected from my room on Friday/after parents evening
Use the internet to research about some elements. There are many suitable sites, e.g. www.ptable.com , http://www.rsc.org/periodic-table , http://elements.wlonk.com/ (more basic and colourful), www.chem4kids.com
Produce a Word doc that can be printed and added to books. DO NO COPY AND PASTE. Some may choose to write directly into books if they wish.
State where it is in the periodic table
Physical properties including melting point, boiling point, colour
Interesting facts (at least 2 per element)
They should do at least one each of the following (i.e. 5 minimum):
- An alkali metal (group 1)
- A non-metal that is not in group 0
- A transition metal
- A noble gas (group 0)
- A halogen (group 7)
Refugee Movement to Europe
Create a factfile which answers the following questions:
- Why do people want to migrate to Europe? (push and pull factors)
- How many people have attempted to migrate?
- How do they migrate?
- How many migrants have died trying to cross the Mediterranean?
- How many migrants have claimed asylum in the EU?
- Which countries receive the most applications?
- Find three individual research points and/or include appropriate graphs diagrams to illustrate you work
- What problems/issues do the migrants face when they arrive in the EU? (e.g. in Greece, Italy)
- What are the issues of such large movements of migrants for the EU itself? (e.g. for Greece, Italy)
BBC Website is excellent, including maps of the migrant routes and details on the numbers of migrants
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32395181 (Google – ‘BBC EU Migrant Crisis’)
Prepare for a test using the revision notes provided.
Use the notes to write a revision quiz of at least 15 questions.
Apple pie ingredients. An oven proof pie dish must be brought as well as ingredients. Recipe attached here; Apple pie recipe
- Use the following website link to describe the distribution of your family surname in 1891 https://www.ancestry.co.uk/learn/facts
- Use the following link to do the same for your surname today http://named.publicprofiler.org/
- What may have caused the changes in the distribution of your surname over time?
4 tasks set on MyMaths website.
Migration – complete storyboard or newspaper article.
Complete questions about changing net migration in the UK -sheet was stuck in exercise book
Complete the star profile evaluation sheet based on your risotto made at school. Evaluation sheet attached here: Risotto star profile homework sheet
Ask other people to grade your risotto and mark their results on the graph too in different colours. You have 2 weeks to complete this task so please find time to come and see me if you need help