Write a story as if you were a charged particle in a circuit. Use the vocab and ideas sheets from the lesson. Make it scientifically accurate as well as exciting and engaging.
Complete the worksheet on Voltage and resistance. All to do Bronze & Silver most to do Gold.
Revise for test on topic 7I Energy
Write a plan for comparing fuels experiment. Use the first side of the worksheet to help you. (A few students have been told just to complete the worksheet.)
Complete online homework on chromatography set at Pearson ActiveLearn.
Complete worksheet on 7Ib-6 Energy Questions. Answers to be written in exercise books.
Use the internet to research the life and work of Joseph Priestley (whom their Science set is named after) to prepare to write an obituary for a newspaper. Whilst researching, make rough notes in the back of books.
- Title: An Obituary for Joseph Priestley
- Write and obituary for a newspaper – give it a name and a date shortly after Priestley’s death.
- Write an obituary in continuous prose. Check spellings and punctuate. The work will be marked for SPAG and spelling corrections written out 3 times. DO NOT copy directly from the internet.
- They should include:
- Dates of birth and death
- Birth place
- An outline of his work and why he is famous.
Complete 3 tasks set at www.pearsonactivelearn.com
All have login details in planners, Each task has 3 levels (developing, securing or exceeding). Only one level needs to be completed. Students have received guidance on this.
For the experiment:
1 Write a method (instructions) giving full details
2. Plot a bar chart of the mean results (and show range bars)
3 Write a conclusion to say whether the hypothesis is supported or disproved