The following tasks will support revision of the poems in the poetry anthology, in preparation for the English Literature exam.
- Attached are 4 worksheets, for 4 different themes: devotion, loss, adoration and power. On each sheet, select at least three poems which can be linked by the selected theme and fill the grid in using supporting evidence (quotations) from your chosen poems. Poetry Worksheets – themes Adoration Loss Devotion Power
- Use the attached worksheet Key Quotations to help your learn quotations from all of the poems you have studied. Choose the three most significant quotations for each poem and learn them. Key Quotations
Revision for the A Christmas Carol section of the English Literature exam should be done using the following tasks:
- Homework this week was to complete the attached sheet on ‘the knocker and fear‘. The knocker and fear
- You should already have completed this, ready for Tuesday’s lesson. Please now use this sheet to help you write a 6 paragraph response to the full question on the sheet. This essay should be much like the Scrooge essay you completed recently, when you used the hexagons to plan. Aim for 3 paragraphs for part a) about the extract and 3 paragraphs for part b) about fear in the rest of the novel.
- Complete the attached worksheet A Christmas Carol: Top Ten Theme Quotations to help you learn and understand some of the key quotations from the novel. A-Christmas-Carol—Top-Quotations-(Lesson-16)
- Re-read sections of the novel that you may not remember or understand as well as others.
Complete the work attached on target audiences. Make sure that you read page 2 of your textbook (or the screenshot at the top of the worksheet). Answer each question in detail ensuring that you write in full sentences. Target audience homework
Theory work has been emailed home to your parents but a copy of it can be found here. You must read the relevant page in your textbook (or the screenshot of it on the top of the worksheet) before answering the questions in detail. Email me if you have any questions.Target audience homework
Practical work has been emailed home to your parents. This will need to be completed this week using the Class Notebook at www.office.com. Even if you do not have access to Microsoft Word or Microsoft Powerpoint at home, through the Class Notebook you can use the online versions of this software. Save your work in the homework section of your Class Notebook. Email me if your parents did not receive the email or if you have any questions. I will send theory work separately.
Complete worksheet tasks on formulae and on fruit cells.
Make a model of a specialised cell. Research the features and be prepared to be ready to teach others about it. A model with bullet points of relevant information should be brought to the first lesson after half term. Pupils have had guidance as to suitable materials to use.
red blood cell, ciliated cell, nerve cell, egg, sperm, xylem, root hair
Students are to use their knowledge from last week’s video, notes they made and the information sheet they’ve been given to complete their interview, which should be between 1-2 pages in length and include both the questions and answers.
Complete the questions on p12 and 13 in the radioactivity booklet.
Questions set (up to number 70) from mastery booklet on infection and response.