Students are to complete their story of a slave. Min 2 pages of exercise book; max 3 pages. It should include how the person was captured and taken to the coast in West Africa, the Middle Passage, the slave market and life on the plantation in the West Indies, inluding punishments, health and jobs. It can be done in present or past tense, as a diary or a story, in the 1st or 3rd person. It must include precise evidence
Students are to revise the following topics. They have a copy of this too:
Paper 1: Crime, Punishment and the Historical Environment. 1hr15mins
- Poverty and crime in Whitechapel
- Vigilance Committee
- Tolpuddle Martyrs and Conscientious Objectors – how each were treated by the government: what was similar and what was different. This is an addition to the original list…….
- Policing 1900-present day
- Law enforcement change/continuity Saxon-Norman England
- Type and cause of crime 1500-1900
Paper 2: American West & Anglo-Saxon and Norman England. 2 papers to be done in any order in 1hr45mins. That means 55mins per paper.
- Consequences of the Fort Laramie Treaty 1868
- Narrative Account of the Mormon migration 1846-7
- Importance of: changes in ranching for cowboys; the Exoduster movement for the growth of settlement; the extermination of the buffalo on the Plains Indian’s way of life
Anglo-Saxon & Norman England:
- 2 features of castles
- Why there was a succession crisis in 1066
- The reasons for the failure of the Revolt of the Earls 1075
- Consequences of the Domesday Book
Use the instruction sheet to help you complete the factsheet about breathing problems that you started in the lesson.
Remember you can choose 1 or several.
If you have any problems accessing a computer, saving your work or printing your work you should come and see me or go to homework club during lunchtime.
Please bring a printed copy of your work to Thursdays lesson.
Complete the 6 mark question about the particle models and change of state.
Answers should be written on the sheet.
Make sure you use the structure strip if you need some guidance.
Students are to complete a poster of a Celtic Warrior. They have a description of one, with highlighted words which they have to convert into a picture of him – for example, blonde hair. They shoul all know what they are doing. Any issues, questions, lost sheets, or a need to use colours, students should see me any lunchtime this week
Students are to revise Edward the Confessor and the Godwin family for a revision quiz
Choose 2 (out of the 3) questions to answer about predator prey relationships.
You can choose from grade 3, 5 or 8.
All your answers can be written on the sheets.
If you need any help, come and see me at lunchtime or go to homework club.
Students are to do the Activity questions 1, 2 & 3 from p60 of textbook on the Wall Street Crash. Any issues, see me any lunchtime
Complete the Doddle quizzes on the topics completed so far.
Finish the on-line Doddle Quizzes. Use the presentation and the internet to help you.