The following tasks will support revision of the poems in the poetry anthology, in preparation for the English Literature exam.
- Attached are 4 worksheets, for 4 different themes: devotion, loss, adoration and power. On each sheet, select at least three poems which can be linked by the selected theme and fill the grid in using supporting evidence (quotations) from your chosen poems. Poetry Worksheets – themes Adoration Loss Devotion Power
- Use the attached worksheet Key Quotations to help your learn quotations from all of the poems you have studied. Choose the three most significant quotations for each poem and learn them. Key Quotations
Revision for the A Christmas Carol section of the English Literature exam should be done using the following tasks:
- Homework this week was to complete the attached sheet on ‘the knocker and fear‘. The knocker and fear
- You should already have completed this, ready for Tuesday’s lesson. Please now use this sheet to help you write a 6 paragraph response to the full question on the sheet. This essay should be much like the Scrooge essay you completed recently, when you used the hexagons to plan. Aim for 3 paragraphs for part a) about the extract and 3 paragraphs for part b) about fear in the rest of the novel.
- Complete the attached worksheet A Christmas Carol: Top Ten Theme Quotations to help you learn and understand some of the key quotations from the novel. A-Christmas-Carol—Top-Quotations-(Lesson-16)
- Re-read sections of the novel that you may not remember or understand as well as others.
Write a letter from Dickens to his friend, explaining why you wrote a Christmas Carol and what you hope readers will learn from the novella. Plan first. Aim for at least 4 paragraphs.
Due Thurs 5 Dec
Use this template to complete the sections on:
Plot for Stave 1 and Stave 2
Key words for characters, so far
Key quotations from Stave 1 and Stave 2